- Rapidly prototype features and predictive models.
- Identify, research, and analyze potential data sources.
- Finding patterns in data, turning them into features, and building accurate, reliable models.
- Be able to answer technical questions that span the entire range of data science – data, math, stats, and/or software.
- Take ownership of key workflow areas and provide read-outs to leadership on potential problems, opportunities for improvement, etc.
- Experience manipulating and feature extraction from large disconnected datasets containing a mixture of structured and unstructured data using R and Python.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with data science tools: R (tidyverse) and Python (pandas, numpy etc), Jupyter/RStudio.
- Experience with Python, Scala, or Java and distributed frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
- Strong communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow.
- Experience with ML frameworks: Keras, TensorFlow.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and others.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Oozie or similar.
- Experience with Python, Java, C#, Go, Scala, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, SageMaker, Lambda.